Saturday 18 July 2015

I STAND NAKED BEFORE MY GODS (©1993)


I stand naked in my room, I am alone.
I cast my circle three times,
With my wand of rowan.
Once for the Maiden, once for the Mother,
And once for the Crone.

From the candle that I hold,
I light the four quarters.
I call upon the powers,
To guard the circle and witness my rite.

I invite my Gods to join me,
Caridwen and Cernunnos.
I am their child, I am their servant,
They are my Goddess and my God.
I am no longer alone.

I anoint myself with oil,
My forehead, my lips, my breast.
My hands and then my feet,
For I do walk the Pagan way.
I am a Witch.

I declare that I dedicate my life,
To the service of the Goddess and the God.
I am Pagan, I am with them,
I stand naked before my Gods.


First published in Hannon V.  (Ed.) (1993) Ghosts, ghouls and Witches.  Poetry Now of Peterborough. Photography ©the Chattering Magpie 2015.





No comments:

Post a Comment