Friday 30 December 2016

THE TURNING OF THE YEAR AND GOODBYE 2016


The Yuletide and Christmas has all but gone, the New Year of 2017 creeps nearer and is welcomed in its’ approach. It is I think true for many, that 2016 has not been the best of years and a near countless number of us now look forward to a fresh start.

In the context and world of politics, war and violence, murder, mayhem and much else besides, the general perception is that 2016 has been one of the worst years in living memory. There are many who will remember 2016 for the number of celebrity deaths, others for the acts of terrorism conducted by self-proclaimed armies and by official police and military forces, for what is war but legalised terror and murder?

Equally; these deaths of world leaders and celebrities, raise many questions about our western society. Why does the death of a celebrity touch us so deeply? Is the life of a celebrity, any more important than that of refugee drowned in the Mediterranean? Are their lives more important than a neighbour? Do only celebrity lives matter today?


I certainly look forward to a fresh start, recognising that both 2015 and 2016 have been marred by ill health and many personal difficulties. This has left me far behind with the many projects that I have, within my as yet unfinished portfolio and I sincerely hope that 2017 will see some of these complete, finished and published.

These projects comprise of several blogs and pending reviews, including reports of some of the most important Craft events of the century so far. For it has to said, the year 2016 has been marked by gatherings of great importance and I have been fortunate to have attended them.

So like many of us today, I eagerly look forward to the departure of this tarnished year of 2016 and sincerely pray that 2017 will be a more productive, happier and healthier one. To all the readers of the blog I say this; I wish thee well, fear not the future and I hope that the coming year will be a blessed one for all of us.

Benisons to you all.

FFF. Chattering Magpie.


No comments:

Post a Comment