Wednesday 19 December 2018

FAREWELL GOOGLE PLUS





Recently Google announced that it had closed down Google Plus to new members and will be closing down the site permanently in 2019. For many people this will make absolutely no difference to their lives whatsoever, many have not heard of Google Plus and those of us that use it are not going to miss it. As a ‘social networking site’ and competitor to Facebook, it has been a total failure.

The most important web presence that I maintain is however, a Google site and that is my blog on Google Blogspot (link below). The sharing of that blog with its various links is my primary public outlet for my written and photographic materials. Whether I am writing on Paganism, folklore, history or art. Whether I am sharing my poetry, the work of the great poets of the past or writing my own reviews. That blog is and will remain my flagship site. One of the few subjects I avoid completely or at least overtly, is politics. My work whether prose, poetry or photographic is generally of a mystical nature or theme. The blog deliberately reflects this point.

This week after some unfortunate issues with Facebook that are best addressed elsewhere, I set up a supplementary and alternative blog on Wordpress (link below). This blog is still very much in its early developmental stages and it has yet to develop a personality distinct from my other websites. It is early days.

Since however, my ability to share my blogs and other sites will cease altogether on Google Plus next year and my ability to share on Facebook is severely limited. I request that all those who enjoy my work and follow me informally on Goggle Plus or on Facebook, consider following both of my blogs via the respective links on each blog.

Chattering Magpie - Summoner of the Hearth

Chattering Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment