Sunday 30 December 2018

Fortune Teller by Allen Toussaint



Went to the fortune teller
Had my fortune read
I didn't know what to tell her
I had a dizzy feeling in my head


When she took a look at my palm
She said son are you feeling kinda warm?
And she looked into her crystal ball
And said you're in love


I said I could not be so
I'm not passionate with the girls I know
She said when the next one arrives
You'll be looking into her eyes


I left there in a hurry
Looking forward to my big surprise
The next day I discovered
That the fortune teller told me lies


I hurried back down to that woman
As mad as I could be
I told her I didn't see nobody
Why'd she made a fool out of me


Then something struck me
As if it came from up above
While looking at the fortune teller
I fell in love


Now I'm a happy fellow
Well, I am married to the fortune teller
Well happy as we can be
Now I get my fortune told for free


Now I'm a happy fellow
Well, I am married to the fortune teller
Well happy as we can be
And now I get my fortune told for free


Songwriters: Allen Toussaint
Fortune Teller lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iElljPJdCiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HBUhOKq5fw



No comments:

Post a Comment